Ride out in to the blazing sunset along the river or trek through the forest with the afternoon buzz of forest life. Greet the rising sun with the relaxing sound of hoof beats. We have miles of bendy shallow river and forest trails. Our qualified riding instructor has been in the industry since childhood and knows what motivates both the riders and their mounts. Our ponies are gentle and well behaved (for the most part) and are sure to give you a nice, enjoyable riding holiday.
Zagroda Balbiny is located on the edge of a large pine forest in the village of Sieraków, which itself lies in the borough of Harasiuki. The area is populated with small farms, villages and forest where little old red tractors are a common feature. Nearby we have the river Tanew which is great for wading with horses, kayaking and rafting. Our Farm-stay
The farm-stay has been established for nearly 12 years although we have only taken over the place 2 years ago. We thought it would be great to introduce horses back into our local community and then share the experiences with you.
We have 5 fairy tale styled chalets. There are a total of 26 sleeping spaces with an additional sleeping space down stairs in 4 of the chalets. Every chalet has its own kitchen, bathroom and living/dining area. All but one of the chalets have a wood burning stove.
We have: two 4 person chalets, two 5 person chalets and an 8 person chalet. The largest chalet/cabin has three bedrooms upstairs whilst the rest have open plan dorm style sleeping areas. Are there any requirements? The basic will to at least sit in a saddle and trust that instructor and horse provide you with an enjoyable riding experience. You do not need to be a western rider to enjoy our breaks, so whether you are dressage, show jumping, endurance or more, we’ll make you feel at home on our noble little steeds. Our horses: Alicja is our keen instructor and trainer, she works daily with the horses to improve their groundwork and behaviour. For the time being we feel it is best to ride out as one pair of guest riders along with Alicja as the guide. For larger groups, riding will still take place in pairs but will either be a morning, afternoon or evening ride which we’ll mix up so that everyone has a different riding experience. Please feel free to engage us with any of your enquiries. Domena stands at 13.3h and is a native Polish Hucul cross Arabian. As the lead horse she is the liveliest (also thanks to her Arabian blood) and is usually ridden by Alicja Wena stands at 14.1h and is also a native Hucul cross Arabian but her tendencies lean towards her Hucul blood meaning that she is very intelligent, hardy and also very entertaining. Heidi is our beloved happy horse and also stands at 14.1h. She is a native Konik Polski (Polish Pony). She is very gentle and very happy. She often hangs her bottom lip when relaxing or in good spirits. Polish ponies are also stalwart and hardy.
At this moment in time, we understandably, for the horses benefit have a rider weight restriction of around 75kg. In the not so distant future that will change as we’ll have larger horses again.
£200 per person.
What this includes:
• A chalet provided for your group (min 2 people, max 8 people. More than 8 people will be spread across more than one chalet)
• Breakfast and 3 course evening meal served directly to your door. Eggs and vegetables are all provided by our free running hens and vegetable garden where possible.
• A total of 6 – 8 hours riding out which is split daily over the period of the trip.
• Airport transfer from Rzeszow or Lublin. *** Groups of 4 – 8 people may have to split the cost of a rented people carrier approx. £50 per day
• Wi-fi in most of the chalets.
• Kayaking and high wire obstacle course (for anyone wishing to fill free time)
• Free cycle hire
• Fresh baked goods every morning as part of your breakfast from local bakery van.
• Bedding, towels and soap.
• Use of fire pit campfire and roasting sticks.
We do not include flights or travel insurance. Flight prices with Ryanair range from £40-£150 return (stansted to rzseszow or Lublin)
How to book?
• First please email/call/message us via our facebook page or contact page to check availability on your preferred dates
• Once we have confirmed your chosen dates are available and that you’re happy with our offer, go ahead and buy your travel tickets. After the purchase of your tickets, please send us a screenshot or email to provide us with proof of travel and flight details
• A £50 deposit per person will then be required to secure the booking, our bank details will be emailed to you as will be a confirmation email with all dates, names and trip details/itinerary. The remaining balance is to be paid in pounds on your arrival to Poland. That’s it, all done!
• During the time not spent riding, kayaking or relaxing, you may be interested (for the cost of fuel) in visiting one of the historical towns of Sandomierz or Zamosc.
• Buy locally produced home-made honey of different types.
• Hand made crochet items for sale.
• Home-made smoked or salt cured cheese
• Picnic time at the Lake Zary. A man made lake with swimming area and cafes.
£475 per person For a week long trip that includes the riding, accommodation and meals as listed above with an additional trip to the Tatra Mountains led by my partner for 2-3 days of leisurely hiking.
The price includes:
• Western riding trip, with accommodation @Zagroda Balbiny, meals and activities.
• Bed, breakfast, light lunch and evening meal in a forest style chalet in the mountains. Each chalet has 2 double sofa beds
• 2/3 days guided hikes around some of the most popular and scenic trails in the Tatra mountains
• Airport transfers
Please see his website for more details www.walkhiketrek.co.uk/wildside
UK telephone: 07709135991
POL telephone: +48 604 667 211